These Bagels can be made two different ways. You can form them by hand but 3/4 cup almond flour will not be enough. You will need to add more until the dough is stiff enough to work with. This adds more carbs so please take note. Once you form them into bagel shapes, brush with egg and toppings and bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown on top and bottom.
The second option uses less almond flour making them less carbs. You will need a donut mold pan. The dough will be runny but they turn out so good. Spoon dough into donut pan. I grease mine. Sprinkle toppings on top and bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown on top and bottom.
- 1-1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounce cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour (if forming by hand you will need to add more almond flour until the dough is stiff enough, but this changes the carb count)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- Suggested toppings, sesame seeds, garlic, poppy seeds or everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese into a medium glass bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir well. Continue to microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring well between each 30 second increment, until the cheeses are completely melted.
- Mix in, the almond flour and baking powder. Then add 2 eggs and stir well.
- If you are forming these by hand, put cooking oil on your on your hands. Mix the dough by hand until all ingredients are incorporated. The dough will be sticky.
- Place dough into whichever pan you decide.
- Bake the bagels at 375 for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown on top and bottom.
These can be toasted.